Thursday, January 20, 2011

Summer Rose



Our weather forecast for tomorrow is for a second snow storm in a week. I do love the snow but I hate the cold so I started to think about this card that I made a while ago which makes me think of a nice summer afternoon.
I made this card for a special couple that are avid gardeners. I thought it seemed like an appropriate Thank You card to send to them. I used a piece of Vellum card stock from Stampin Up. The two color inks I used were Cameo Coral and Apricot Appeal, both Stampin Up colors. I rubbed the flat surface of the Cameo Coral ink pad across the piece of vellum in several different directions and did the same thing with the Apricot Appeal ink pad. I then turned the vellum over and ran it through the Stampin Up Big Shot machine using the Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder. I cut out the flowers and added Stampin Up's two way glue and Dazzling Diamonds around the embossed edges to achieve that beautiful glittered finish to the outlines of the flowers. I then glued the flowers to a piece of Stampin Up's Whisper White card stock and adhered that onto my card base which is Stampin Up's Apricot Appeal. The "Thank You" stamp and the leaf stamp are both old stamps from Stampin Up. Hope you like it.

1 comment:

  1. Just browsing through your blog and know I have commented on this before but I would like to thank you for telling us how you made this card. A little different to how I have made mine but love your idea and how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.