Monday, February 28, 2011

Birthday Card



Well another month is coming to an end, but that just means we are getting closer to spring. Today's post is of a birthday card I made for my very dear friend and "crafting partner in crime" as my Hubby calls her. It is so nice to have someone so special in your life to share your crafting passion with. I do have several other friends that share this passion with me also and I am meeting more and more wonderful crafters every day through this blog. This blogging world, that I was hesitant to get into, is a fabulous way to meet very kind, caring, giving, talented people. Thank you to all of you for sharing your creations, your help, and for your flourishing friendships.

This is a one layer card made with SU Very Vanilla card stock. I ran it through my Big Shot with a CuttleBug Embossing Border to achieve the raised flowers. I then added some Stickles and a green pearl in the center of the flowers. I flanked the sides of the embossed images with some strips of SU's DSP and ran my Krylon Gold Leaf pen down the sides of of the DSP to give it a finished look. The sentiment is my go-to birthday stamp. It is by CC Rubber Stamps and I've had it for years. I just love the font on this stamp. I stamped it in Versa Mark and embossed it with gold embossing powder and added three more little green pearls under it to help it stand out.

I also stamped the envelope for this card as I was hand delivering it. This is a poly clear stamp from Hero Arts. I colored the flowers with watercolor pencils and, again, embossed the Happy Birthday in Gold to match the card.

Thanks for spending some time here today. I really appreciate it. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Birthday card! I love all the gold embossing and especially those delicate lavender flowers on the envie! Somebody's going to be very happy to receive this lovely card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased and proud to be your friend! Also, I'm the lucky friend who got this beautiful card! It is in my "Save for Inspiration" file. You and your work inspire me almost every day. Thank you for sharing your ideas, techniques and cards.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.