Friday, February 25, 2011

MWT Any Occasion Challenge


This week OWH's Mid Week Challenge was to make an "any occasion card". I started this card by stamping SU's Floral background stamp, which is retired, onto Whisper White card stock and then applying SU's Gold ep and heat set it. My sentiment Stamp is from Hampton Art and stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the flowers with SU's Red Red Marker and went over them with a GellyRoll pen. Liquid Pearls were added to the flower centers. I attached strips of Real Red ribbon and card stock. I dotted the card stock with my Signo White Gel pen. and finished off the ribbon with three pearls. The floral piece and the sentiment piece are both matted on to SU's Basic Black card stock. My card base is SU's Whisper White. I can't seem to get a good picture of this card, but, hopefully, you can get a good idea of what it looks like.
Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days, but I hurt my back doing a new exercise (won't try that one again any time soon). But I am up and out of bed and back in my craft room. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. The embossed gold background looks just amazing on your card! I love how the sentiment takes the spotlight too! This is just lovely!
    So sorry you hurt your back, and I hope you're feeling better soon! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home this week!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.