Sunday, February 27, 2011

S & S Sketch Challenge #58



Well today I went way out of my comfort zone. I did a card with absolutely NO stamping at all. The background paper is from the "Once In A Lifetime" mat stack by DCWV and I sponged the edges with SU's Sage Shadow. The Apricot pieces are from a SU "prints pack" and I sponged them with Apricot Appeal then paper pierced each of them. The square mat is Elegant Eggplant, also from SU. I found the SWAK piece and the large pink brad in my box of stash. I topped it off with sparkle gems from Hero Arts. I haven't decided if I like it or not, but what the heck, you've got to try different things in life once in a while, huh? I am hoping, though, that some hero's family member will be happy to receive a SWAK card.

I have to get ready to cook up some snacks so that I can sit down later and watch my NASCAR race. They are racing in Phoenix today and I'm pretty sure there is no snow there. Thanks for stopping by today.

9 comments:

  1. Donna, I swear you and I were cut from the same mold sometimes! AGAIN, we used those little gemstones on our cards at the same time! LOL I also did my card early so I could watch NASCAR this afternoon!
    This is really a cute card, and I love the SWAK sentiment! I have this same paper pack and have ignored it for much too long. You've inspired me to get it out and actually USE it now!
    Have a great Sunday my friend :) Go Tony :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that I added the gemstone to a different card I made this morning! Sorry 'bout that! You'll see that card on Tuesday morning for the Crazy4Cocoa challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this isn't a double post, since I started typing and I think it got lost in cyberspace. I love your paper choice and have been unable to make myself use mine, which means it's been in my "save" pile for over a year. I'm also uncomfortable making a card with no stamps, but I think you did a great job. ~ Nancy F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna... great card. I really like all the embellishments on it. I will be watching the NASCAR race as well (am right now).. Go Jimmie!

    thanks for sharing ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you did a great job considering this is out of your comfort zone. I have to admit, when I first say today's challenge I felt a bit out of my comfort zone too. I'm so used to coloring some image or stamping!!

    I love the card your made yesterday too!

    You lucked out only getting a inch of snow, in the end we have close to 6"...a total surprise to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The paper piercing is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bling, Donna! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card! Love the paper used!

    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you didn't use a stamp! I do that sometimes too. Your paper choices and bling carry the day!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.