Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bloomin's Beautiful


Yesterday I saw a few of my crocus starting to stick their little heads out of the ground so I thought I needed to made a card with flowers on it. I started with a SU's Bashful Blue Card base. I stamped it with a French Script backgound stamp then ran that though my Big Shot machine with CuttleBug's Swiss Dot embossing folder. I stamped this potted flower image which, is part of SU's retired Bloomin Beautiful set, onto Whisper White card stock. I colored it with Copic Markers and added tiny gems in the center of the flowers. I don't think you can see them in this picture. The bee is also from that same stamp set. I cut it out and matted it with Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities. The sentiment is from SU also and cut out with the Word Window punch and mounted onto a Fancy Label from Nestabilities. Two brads adorn the sides of the Word Window piece. The designer papers used on this card were from Creative Memories. I guess yesterday was my brown and blue day. I think maybe I should have gone with a smaller circle but I hated to cut off any part of this picture because I love it so much and for some reason I wanted it in a circle. Right now it is nice and sunny here which will help those crocus to come up evenmore, YAY Hope you all enjoy your day.

2 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely! I love the image, your colors and all the elegant details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, you rocked this color combination! I love the script background and that brown DP looks awesome! I have this fancy label and never thought to use the word window punch on it! BRILLIANT IDEA!! I'm going to have to CASE that idea from you one day soon:)

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.