Tuesday, April 19, 2011

C4CC21 - Thinking Of You


Hello All,
Woo Hoo two posts in one day.
The Crazy for Cocoa Challenge today is to make a "thinking of you" card. A couple of weeks ago I purchased this Patriotic Cocoa image from Sweet N Sassy Stamps as I wanted to get started on making some July 4th "Any Hero" cards to go out in my next OWH box. This image seems very appropriate for today's challenge. If you have not heard of Operation Write Home yet, please take a minute to go here to check them out. They are a terrific organization that sends hand made cards to our deployed military personnel so that they, in turn, can send these cards back home to their family members. We also make "any hero" cards for the heroes themselves. We try to brighten the day of both the hero and the hero's family.
Well the card base that I started with is SU's Crumb Cake card stock. Then I ran a piece of SU's Brilliant Blue card stock through the Big Shot machine with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I spritzed the card stock with Sapphire Ritzy Ditzy Glitz to give it a little sheen. I colored the image with Copics and sponged it while it was still in the square Nestability die. I matted that with another Nestability. I also received the Star Nestabilities last week which seemed to be a perfect fit for this theme. The sentiment is from SU's Teen Tiny Wishes set and cut it out with the SU Word Window Punch. I added some white brads to the corners of the card and made some blue brads for the sentiment strip by coloring white card stock with a Copic Marker, then punching it out with a 1/8 inch punch I then added some Glossy Accents to them. I am hoping this card will put a smile on some Hero's face when he or she receives it.

1 comment:

  1. This is really cute, and I use this image for OWH too! It's perfect, with all the embossed stars and red/white/& blue colors! Adorble!
    One thing........when I clicked on your link at the Crazy4Cocoa challenge blog, it took me to a blogger survey and not here to your blog??! I have no idea what's up with that!? Not sure if blogger is overriding your link or what's going on?! Just thought you might want to check it out yourself.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.