Monday, April 18, 2011

An Oldie But Goodie

Hi Everyone, Well I dug out one of my retired Stampin Up Stamp sets. I just love this stamp and have probably over used it through out the years. The set is titled Heartfelt Thanks. It was my "go to" stamp set for several years. People that receive cards from me on a regular basis are probably so sick of seeing this stamp, but I never get sick of it. I hate to see it just sitting in the draw being ignored, so every now and then I pull it out. Today was the day for it to be used again. I colored the image using SU markers: Almost Amethyst, Orchid Opulence, Certainly Celery, So Saffron and YoYo Yellow. I huffed and stamped. I cut it out using a Scalloped Oval Nesti and backed it up with an Oval Nesti. The designer paper was from an old pack at papers that I got at JoAnn's years ago. The border punch is also from Stampin Up. I used a diamond embossing folder on the card base and added little gems in the cross sections of the diamonds and around the scallops for some added bling. Thank you for spending a few minutes of your time here today. I appreciate it.

6 comments:

  1. I love this stamp set too, only I never bought it! It makes the prettiest water coloring cards too! I love how you colored the images, and the DP coordinates so well with the image and I love how you did the background! Those accents around the image really make it pop! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! Your card is so delicate and pretty. It looks like a violet, which is one of my favorite spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card, Donna! I can see why it's your "go to" stamp. You did a lovely job on your card design. Love all of the added bling too.
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Donna! I have a few stampin' up sets that have been neglected also... I LOVE how you created your background on this card!

    Have a great week :D
    Love n hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you love the stamp, it is a beautiful one and you can use it in so many ways. I have a girlfriend that sells Stampin up and I have some of their sets also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with all the others....gorgeous stamp and it's one I had on my WISH list for a long time! I have looked at eBay from time to time and keep hoping, one day, I'll find it!

    :) Love your card!!

    Lis

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.