Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stars & Stamps MidWeek Throwdown


Hello, Hope everyone is doing fine on the dreary, rainy Wednesday. At least that is what it is like here in southeastern Massachusetts. The only good thing about this weather is that I get to stay inside and make cards. Today's MidWeek Throwdown over at Operation Write Home's Stars and Stamps is to create a card with layers. I had trouble with today's card because I had a sentiment that I wanted to use on this card, but then again I liked it this way without any sentiment. Decisions, Decisions!! As you can see I went with no sentiment. Hope you enjoy. See you all tomorrow.
Card Recipe:
CS - Stampin Up, Whisper White and Close to Cocoa
DP - Basic Grey's Indian Summer Collection
Ink - Stazon Black Ink
Bleach - (I bleached the flowers for a little contrast)
Embossing Folder - Sizzix (Tim Holtz Alterations)
Spelllbinders -Fancy labels
Gems - Recollections

6 comments:

  1. Very sweet card! I run onto that issue too - putting the sentiment on or not. Sometimes, I put the sentiment on the inside. ♥ky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! that embossing folder is awesome - bricks? I will have to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card really showcases that pretty image with the Indian Summer dp and diecuts! It's so beautifully balanced and designed, and I love the touch of bleach on the flowers! VERY pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice CAS card. Love this old image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna, your card is beautiful! Sometimes no sentiment is nice on our cards :) Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just perfect without a sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.