Friday, July 29, 2011

Autumn Splender



Happy Friday To All,



Today I decided to make a card using a couple of the stamps from Gina K Designs set titled Autumn Splender. This is a beautiful set containing many different stamps such as leaves, fruit, flowers, etc. The background paper was made with the Plaid Embossing Folder from Sizzix and then I rubbed different inks across the top of it. I was not super happy with the outcome as I like it better when you apply the ink directly onto the folder itself, but then again I have to remember that the card is not for me, so I hope the recipient will be happy with it. The leaves are from Prima and the bow is made with SU ribbon. My friend, Carol Longacre, showed us how to make this ribbon in one of her posts found here. I just love this look. I decided not to use a sentiment with this one. The card base is Chocolate Chip card stock from SU. Have a great Friday and a safe weekend. I'll be back tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

6 comments:

  1. Whoever gets this will be happy! So very pretty and love the whole look of it. Great card for the Fall season.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love that delicate leaf stamped over the text background! And that embossed & colored background is perfect for an autumn card! Gorgeous work my friend and thanks for the shout-out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Fall card Dona!
    Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. how pretty....wonderful job!!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, what a pretty fall card. I think it turned out perfectly! I love the colored background, that fancy bow, and the leaves. Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card. I printed out a copy so I could CASE it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.