Friday, August 26, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving


Good Friday Afternoon,

I've had this stamp for years and I really like it, and yet I keep forgetting about it when I am making Thanksgiving Day Cards. I'm so glad that I thought of it this year. The only markings on the stamp are DRS. I have to admit that I have no idea what company that stands for. As you can see I matted it several times and used some Alcohol Inks paper that I made last week. The leaves were made by rubbing different autumn colors onto white card stock with a dauber then punching them out. I love the look you get by doing this. I learned this fabulous trick from Carol Longacre.
Thanks Carol, I learn so much and get so many wonderful ideas from you. I'm hoping to be back in the morning with another posting. See you then. Thanks so much for spending a part of your day here.

6 comments:

  1. That's a lovely sentiment and how TRUE!! Especially for us today with the Hurricane on it's way! I'm still very thankful the forecast is better and will continue to HOPE that every update will be even better for us all!!

    I LOVE the wonderful tip you shared about how you create your leaves -- now I'm wonderful where you found your leaf punch! I love the shape think I may have to get one? LOL!!

    Have a nice weekend and let's continue to HOPE we do NOT lose power and that the storm does not cause too much damage!

    Hugs,
    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You really are going to have to explain how you do that wonderful alcohol paper! Great card for Thanksgiving.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Those leaves are just divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like those cool background papers you create, and one of these days I'm going to have to try making some too! Great card Donna, and I love those corner accents! The leaves are so pretty and what a fabulous sentiment!
    I hope you're OK in the storm! We're OK here thank goodness, but it was a long night last night with all the tornado warnings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, Donna! Fabulous dp and the leaves are such a nice finishing touch. Sure wish you had the "Follow by E-mail" option. I get so busy I forget to get over here even though I'm a follower. E-mail just works better for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.