Thursday, September 22, 2011

S & S Mid Week Throw Down



Good Thursday Morning,
Today my post is for the Midweek Throwdown over at Operation Write Home's Stars & Stamps Blog. We were challenged this week to make a card with something sweet on it. I don't have too many images containing sweets, but to me a Candy Cane is very sweet and,of course, Rhubarb is the sweetest thing around so I think this card will qualify.
My Candy Cane Rhubarb image is from Sweet N Sassy Stamps. They have a precious line of stamp and images that I use quite often. If you get a chance please stop over there and check them out. You'll be very happy you did. I colored Rhubard with copics and the ribbon with a Spica pen to give it some sparkle without the use of glitter (which is a big No No for OWH cards). I can't tell you where the sentiment is from as I've had it for years and there is not a name on it. Sorry. I sponged the image while it was still in the Nestabilities die and then I cut out the TopNote from SU. The papers are retired from SU. I loved that set so I purchased extra packs so they would laste me a few years. Now I'm hungry and getting ready to make more Holiday cards, so I'm going to eat and then back to make more cards. Have yourselves a terrific day and thanks for spending part of it with me. See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Great cards. And how sweet is that little bear?!?! I love teddy bears - I need to look into Rhubarb stamps. Thanks for participating in this weeks OWH Midweek Throwdown and TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute! I don't know if he needs that candy cane to qualify for the sweet part of the challenge cause he is just so sweet himself! I'll have to check out the Rhubarb stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And how very sweet it is!! Love this with that pretty DP and cute Rhubarb image.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is my favorite Rhubarb image, and you've colored him so well! I love love love this card!! It's perfect for the challenge and perfect for Christmas...........and it's perfect for me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! I love it :) Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bear and "sweet" card! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.