Thursday, October 20, 2011

Another K'nK Designs Image



Good Thursday morning everyone. Today I am posting a card that I made with another K'nK Deisgns image that they are selling to raise money for Operation Write Home's fundraiser. OWH needs $13,000 to cover the cost of mailing cards this holiday season. Please stop by K'nK Designs Blog and pick up one or all of their images to help in this fundraiser. I colored the image with Copics and used Nestabilities to cut out both the image and the sentiment, which is also in the bundle package from K'nK Designs. I sponged the image and sentiment while they were still in the dies and then I ran a gold pen around the inside of the die to give the appearance of a layered piece. This was a trick I learned from Carol over at Our Little Inspirations and I will be using this quite often as I love the effect it gives. Carol is a very talented lady that I learn a lot of tips and techniques from. Thank you Carol. I added a double layer of ribbon and a bow. Three silver brad type embellishments in two corners helped to finish off my card. I like the way it turned out. I hope the recipient does also. Hopefully I'll see you again tomorrow. Thanks for spending some time here today.



7 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, Beautiful cards, I'm way behind on blog visits and thank you for dropping by mine and all the well wishes and thoughts. Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Donna!! Aren't you glad that the pouring rain is over!! Gosh was it awful and my son and his girlfriend when flying home after being away on vacation in Colorado!! I was thrilled when he texted me and said they were HOME safe and sound!!

    I have not lit my first fire yet, but it's getting very close and I did turn on my little portable heater up in my craft room for a little time yesterday, simply to get the chill out of the room! It's sad to sad, but I think Summer if really OVER!! :(

    Hoping we have a mild winter !

    Hugs,
    Lis

    PS: I also want to THANK YOU for taking the time to visit my blog!! I don't get around as much as I would like, but I sure do LOVE your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all that blue on this cute card! Really like how you used the gold pen too and will have to get me one of those and try it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this is such a cute image and the card you made with him is adorable :) I love the blue colors and how you outlined the die cuts! Sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet, Donna. I love the dies you chose for the image and the sentiment, they work perfectly for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card Donna, I love the blues and dots are my fav. That is a cool technique you used to make a layered look. So glad you are supporting OWH! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.