Monday, October 24, 2011

Cards That Care



Well Another week starts and I began the week by making a couple of cards for a cause titled "Cards That Care". If you get a chance please take a minute and read all about it here on Jennifer McGuire's blog. They are gathering up hand made cards to distribute to elderly people that reside in nursing homes. Some of these people don't have a lot of family so they may not receive a lot of company or cards for the holidays. This will be a nice way to bring a smile to their faces. How wonderful!!! Beside feeling great about doing something so nice for others, you could win some prizes. For every card you send in, your name will be entered into a drawing for some terrific gifts donated by some great crafting/stamping companies. How can you resist? You don't have to make a lot of cards, even just a couple or a few will help a lot but the more you send in the better your chances are of winning those prizes and the more smiles you will be responsible for. So my card today is made with a stamp from DeNami Design that I've had for years and every single year I pull it out to make at least one card with it. I stamped it with VersaMark and embossed it with Black embossing powder, then colored it with Copic Markers. As you can see I cut it out and matted it with both Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities. The designer paper is from KandCompany and the sentiment is a retired stamp from SU, that I embossed in Detail White ep. I edged my sentiment piece with a gold pen. Hope this does bring a smile to someone's face. I am pleased with the way it turned out. That's it for me today, see you tomorrow. Enjoy your day and thank you for spending a minute of your time here with me. I appreciate it.

7 comments:

  1. So very pretty Donna. Love the background paper you used with this too. Lovely card and for a wonderful cause.
    You must tell me what kind of gold pen you use for the outlining!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Simply elegant!
    Hugs,
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, You do such beautiful cards. The background paper is so perfect for this image, and your embossing and inking are so beautifully done. Lovely overall effect! Someone will be very happy to receive this card, obviously made with lots of TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and gorgeous, Donna! Fabulous paper. Love the gold edging on the sentiment piece. I'm going to check out the Cards That Care and see what I can do. Thanks for that info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, beautiful, elegant design. What a great cause and idea, lots of people in nursing homes don't get much company and are lonely, nice to think you can make someone happy with something you make from the heart.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! I can see why you use this image year after year! It looks like it was hand drawn and not a stamp! Love love love that paper you paired it with too! The sentiment done in white really makes it pop! You're doing a good thing to bring some smiles to the elderly's faces, because a lot of them without family are simply forgotten! Good for you making cards for that drive! I mailed a pkg to them just this morning too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Christmas card Donna! I really like the dp and how the image really pops out! Also just wanted to make sure you know you are a winner of the OWH Blog hop. Be sure to go claim you images ;)

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.