Thursday, November 17, 2011

Crazy for Cocoa Challenge - Non Traditional



Hi everyone, It's Thursday night and I'm finally got to make and post my entry into the Crazy For Cocoa Weekly Challenge. Carol challenged us to make a Christmas Card using Non Traditional colors. I used a digital image from Sweet N Sassy Stamps titled Cocoa's Christmas Tree and, as you can see, I went with Purple and Yellow as my colors. I colored the image with Copics Markers and cut it out using a Labels Nine Nestabilities. My sentiment is from SU and I cut that out with a Ribbon Tag Nestabilities. I sponged both pieces with SU's Barely Banana ink while still in their dies. I attached the sentimet piece with some SU Barely Banana ribbon. My mat was embossed with a pretty petals embossing folder and the yellow designer paper was in my stash. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again tomorrow.



5 comments:

  1. Donna, love your rich colors and layout. Embossing looks great too. Beautiful sentiment on the label die. Good to think different sometimes.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that purple Christmas tree!! So very pretty and of course you know how much I love Cocoa too. Very pretty card and just perfect for Christmas.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really got creative with this one making the tree purple..........and I LOVE it!! That embossed background sets it off perfectly, along with the pale yellow colors! You knocked this challenge out of the park, and thanks for playing along with the Crazy4Cocoa challenge so faithfully :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card and the colors look fabulous! That soft yellow sets off the purple just right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty, Donna. I love the purple with the yellow, a great color combo.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.