Thursday, November 10, 2011

S & S Mid Week Throw Down



Good Thursday Evening - I seem to be a day behind schedule. I really should have had this card finished yesterday, but it's been one of those weeks. This week's Mid Week Throw Down challenge at Stars and Stamps is to make a Valentine or Love themed card for our heroes to send home to their loved ones. This is my favorite type of card to make because I think this is the kind of card I would be hoping to receive if my loved one was away. I used a Rhubarb digi image from SweetN Sassy Stamps. He is one of my very favorite little images. I colored him with Copic Markers and cut him out with Labels Ten Nestabilities. I used both blue and white pens to trace the inside borders of the two dies. My sentiment is from a retired SU set titled Fancy Flexible Phrases. The designer paper is from K and Company and the Tempting Teal card stock is from SU. For my finishing touches I added one little flower, two heart gems and some Glossy Accents on his nose and eyes. Rhubarb always puts a smile on my face and I can only hope he does the same for the recipient. Thank you for stopping by tonight. I hope to have a couple of postings tomorrow. See you then.






5 comments:

  1. Donna, what a sweet card! I like how you outlined that die cut. The little hearts and flowers really added a nice touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He puts a smile on my face too....and so does this pretty card. I really like that nestie you used for him too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, so very sweet. Love the die cut.
    Keeley's eye seemed better yesterday, then in late afternoon the swelling came back. I know it takes a couple of days for the meds to get into their systems, so hoping for the best. Thanks for asking, so hard to see them not feeling well and their not being able to tell you what's wrong.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coloring! Love the punches of red! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have really been into teddy bears lately so I love this card. I looked around a few posts. You do wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.