Sunday, January 22, 2012

S & S Sketch #105







Good sunny Sunday morning to all of you out there in Blogland. Our snow is gone and the sun is shining bright this morning. It's gorgeous today, but it's going up to 48-53 tomorrow so we are going to have a slushy mess for the next couple of days. YUCK! My card today is one that I've made as an Any Hero card that will go in my next OWH box. My sentiment is from a retired SU set titled Best Yet. I decided to take a little artistic license with the three strips. As you can see I used one strip that I embossed with the plaid ef and added two ZigZag strips down the middle to give it the appearance of a third stripe. The designer paper is from a pad of paper that has the cover missing, so I'm sorry but I can't tell you who it was by. I've had it for about 6 years now. I added some stars in the bottom corner just to bump it up a bit. Hope you all have a lovely day and I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. It's always appreciated. I'm going to start on a "spring" card now which was what that they were looking for on OWH's Facebook page yesterday. I'm behind schedule already. LOL See you later on.

14 comments:

  1. I love the green and brown color scheme you chose. When I first looked at the card, I liked the stamp. It was only when I read your description that I remembered I actually have it. That might be a sign I have too many stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you used for this Donna and that zig zag stripe is super!
    Very pretty card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the texture you added to this pretty card with the embossing and layers! I absolutely LOVE how you did the circle panel! The outlining really makes it pop and the ric rac looks wonderful too! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this makes a terrific Any Hero Card. Love how you changed up the three paper strips too. Hope your day tomorrow isn't too slushy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, Donna, you're quick! I didn't even post that Snoopy card on the challenge list and you found me.... It's nice to know that someone is looking at my blog besides me! Thanks for sharing your great card too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors you picked for this card! Lots of texture on this one too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the sketch with the texture and the zig zig, and color. Nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantabulous!!! As always, but I am drawn to the purple in this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice card Donna and such a wonderful combination of textures. Makes me wish I could touch it, and that sentiment is perfect for OWH cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card with all the texture and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute, Donna! Love those zig zags! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna,

    The color choices and different textures combine to make an absolutely adorable card!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.