Friday, February 10, 2012

OWH VCMP Challenges

Good Friday Afternoon.  Today I made cards for two of the challenges over at Operation Write Home's Virtual Card Making Party.  I worked on cards for challenges #7 & #8 which are CAS (Clean and Simple) and Jungle Animals kids cards. This technique for this first card came from Gina K this morning on Stamp TV.   From her lips to my hands.  I used Peeled Paint Distress Ink and then stamped my flower image, which is from Outlines, along the inked area.  I then colored them with Copic Markers.  If you use the Gina K Designs Heavy Weight Pure Luxury card stock the Copics do not bleed through to the other side, which is great if you are looking to make a one layer card.  My sentiment is from Sutdio G and I was lucky enough to pick it up for $1.  The ribbon is from SU.


My next card is for the Jungle Animal Challenge (kids cards).  My focal image, which I colored with Copics, and the background images are all from a Recollections set titled Z00-Licious.  The sentiment is another Sudio G stamp and the embossing folder is from Cuttlebug.


Now I've got to see if I can make the Funky Fold card for Challenge #3.  In looking at it I feel like it might be intimidating, but I'm going to give it a try.  Be back later.  Thanks for taking the time to stop by.  I love to hear from all of you.

6 comments:

  1. Both of these are great Donna but I'm in total love with that first card! Wow! LOVE that big sentiment on here too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first card really shows that technique so well, and I love the pops of red in the flower centers that match the ribbon! The turtle is so cute too, and I love the corner treatments! WTG with the challenges! The funky fold card isn't difficult at all, so go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these cards! I really like how the dp had animals, too! I am so excited about having won the blog candy and it arrived today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, these are terrific! I love that Gina K technique. I'll be trying that. It's a great one for CAS. You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute creations! It is so great that you do the OWH program - I should do something more worthwhile with my cards as well. Love the top card - such a positive message (the other is darling too). Hugz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, you never fail to amaze me with the range of designs for your cards. Your CAS card is perfect. I love seeing new techniques from Gina K and your card is just perfect. I love the turtle card especially your layout.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.