Saturday, February 11, 2012

VCMP Boats and Ships

Hi Everyone, I'm a little late posting this one.  I was extremely honored that Paula had asked me to make a sample card for this Boats and Ships challenge today.  Here is what I came up with.


I used a SU stamp titled Sail Away for this card. I embossed both the image and sentiment in white on SU's Night Of Navy card stock.  I made a frame out of the labels Nine Nestabilities and edged it with my trusty Krylon Gold Pen.  It doesn't look it, but the frame and the paper are made with  light blue Parchment card stock.  It photographed as white.  I embossed the background paper with SU's Lattice embossing folder.  I added 4 gold eyelets to go along with the gold edging.   So there you have it from me for this challenge.  Hope you are all enjoying these challenges.  I know I am.
See you again soon with another challenge.

4 comments:

  1. OHhhhhh, I LIKE this one!! It's fantastic and I just LOOOOOOVE how you framed that image! WOW Donna, you are rolling right along with these challenges in a big way!!! This might be my favorite so far! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWSERS three times over!!! Donna, this is just knock dead gorgeous!! LOVE IT! Love the edging on here and the embossing too. Can't say enough good about this beauty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning. I couldn't figure out how you matted the image until reading this- and finding out that you made a frame. Love the gold accents, too. All I can say is wow and also, a tutorial on how to make frames with die cuts would be great! (hint hint!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,

    This card is gorgeous! Oh my gosh....

    Your attention to detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.