Monday, July 23, 2012

S & S Sketch Challenge #130

Back again today with a challenge card for Operation Write Home's Sketch challenge.

I decided to go with an Any Hero Card.  It's pretty self explanatory, but I did want to mention that the sentiment was made with a new E K success Layering Punch that I just picked up this weekend.  I inked my embossing folder with Color Box white ink before embossing my Kraft card stock.  I am pleased with the way that came out.  I used my Corner Chomper on two of the edges.  That will do it for me today.  Thanks for spending some time here with me today.  Hopefully I'll get some more cards made tomorrow.  The last half of my week will be busy, so I'm going to try to craft tonight and tomorrow.   

17 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, Donna! I like how you inked the embossing folder - such a subtle "pop" to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a super creation great styling
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sorry forgot to ask if you had picked up your jaw from the floor :) you did make me smile
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, Donna! I love the look that inked embossing folder gave you. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Hero card! I'll have to try inking the embossing folder soon too. It gives such a nice effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I love the effect you got from inking your embossing folder, I'll have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, love the look the white on the embossing folder gives that Draft card stock! So pretty and a perfect card for Any Hero!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the white highlights on the embossed stars - what a fantastic look! The rich colors of red & blue go perfectly with the embossing too - a perfect Hero card!
    So good to see you crafting again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like what you did with this sketch! I like embossed stars and the red, white and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, I love the white ink on the kraft paper, looks great with the red white and blue.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you used the stars embossing folder with the kraft colored paper! It makes the red, white and blue really pop off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the stars. They have a real impact on the card even though they are small. Makes a great Hero card

    ReplyDelete
  13. The white inking was such a great idea! Thanks for sharing that tip with us! Great card, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect Any Hero card...love the colors! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Donna, this is a beautiful CAS card, love it. Awesome Hero Art. Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet comments. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a patriotic card! That layering punch is neat.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.