Sunday, July 8, 2012

Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge #128

I am away from home again, caring for my cousin in California.  I have a very small box of supplies with me and  I really didn't think I would be assembling cards while I was here, so I mostly brought images to color. I did throw a couple of little items in my box and  I was able to scrounge up enough stuff to come up with a card to enter into today's sketch challenge over at Stars & Stamps.  Here is what I have to offer today

I stared with Whisper White card stock for my base and then layered Basic Black card stock, both from SU.  The designer paper is some that I picked up at The Christmas Tree Shop last year.  I  cut some small square from Pacific Blue card stock and added some little crystal gems that I did bring with me.  
My sentiment is from Stampin Up that has been retired for many years now. It is one of my favorites for OWH because is can go to anyone.    That's about it for me today.  Thank you all for stopping by here to say "Hello".

16 comments:

  1. As they say, necessity is the mother of invention. You did a great job with your limited supply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Donna! I love those colors and the cute 'hello' sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your cousin is well! SNJ on your card especially since you are nor home! Way to think outside the box! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHhhh, I'm so glad to see you felt like making a card for the sketch, and it turned out quite pretty too! I love those blue diamonds with the bling inside! You did a wonderful job with limited supplies, and let's just say that Tony's winning the race last night inspired you to create :) That works for me every time :)
    Take care and have a great week out there so far from home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing how creative a stamper can be with limited supplies! Great card and fun use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job!
    Hope your cousin is doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! You did great for only having a limited number of supplies to choose from. I love Christmas Tree Shop and always make it a point to stop in when I visit family in MA since there's not one anywhere near where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, this is fabulous! Really like the gems you added and the DP!
    Been thinking of you and hope all is going ok.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna -- this a really cute card. The little squares with the little bit of bling adds a special touch. I like the soft colors in the DP too. Hope your cousin will be up and around soon.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna I can't believe you have enough supplies to make a card while away from home! Your DSP is so pretty and I love the bling that you added.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous layout Donna! I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you have the little gems mounted on the blue diamonds - really makes them stand out! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Donna, you are much more prepared than I am when I travel! I took copics and stamped images to color to the coast, but had to skip the weekly challenges while we were there because I had nothing I could've used. That's an amazingly pretty card even if you had your entire scrap room with you! Like Julie and the others, I LOVE the gems in those little blue diamonds!

    I hope your cousin's doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card turned out great and I too am amazed you were able to make it while away. I love the colors and think the diamonds with the bling are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful take on the sketch. Simply pretty. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the luv. LOL, when, I read your comments spending more $$$, hugs, girl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Donna, I just love the colours :) Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog - I'm following yours now too and looking forward to seeing more of your lovely creations in the future :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.