Friday, August 24, 2012

Pillow Top Background

Good Friday Evening Everyone,  I'm here tonight because I tried a technique that I found over at Gina K Designs titled Pillow Top Background found here.

I think I need some more practice because it doesn't look uniform to me, but I am still kind of pleased with it for my first attempt.  I used SU's Lavender Lace for my background color and then I stamped the flower from the set titled "Stately Flowers" which is also from Gina K and my sentiment from CC Ruber Stamp Co.,  in black.  I used  SU's Elegant Eggplant for my card base and matting on the image piece.  I just popped on a few pearls and I was done.  Gina had mentioned in one of her videos that she thought these flowers from this set were nice enough to stand on there own without color and tend I agree with her.  I have colored them in the past, but I really like them just stamped in black.  Well that's it for me tonight.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again real soon.

12 comments:

  1. Pretty, Donna! You'll have to share the tutorial for the background. i think it looks great here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah really love this Donna will go and peep at the method thanks for sharing! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower is pretty just as is! That background!!! WOW! I'll have to check out how you did this! So lovely!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, this background is beautiful and the flower is perfect. just love the color to pieces. must share the tutorial. Lovely. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that bg looks wonderful! You did a marvelous job with it and I love the color you picked. I think uncolored images are a great choice if your image is beautiful on its own and yours is. Beautiful card! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Donna! I love the background - will have to check out the technique! The flower is so nicely framed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow stunning Donna!!! really love how you did the background...I can't tell at all that it's not uniform! A really beautiful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Donna! Looks perfect to me. I have to try that and will be checking out the tutorial. Thanks for the link. :-D Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I have not tried this yet, but I see that everyone is enjoying her demo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to try that pillowtop technique and forgot all about it! You did a great job with yours, and it looks nice and even to my eyes :)
    I fell asleep before the race was over, and just got my phone & internet service at 2 this afternoon. The original modem was fine afterall. It was a windows update that blocked my firewall!! AWRGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this technique, and yours looks wonderful. The different variations of color are what make it so nice. Lovely card.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just saw this technique on Stamp TV yesterday! You did a great job - I think your background looks better than Gina K's! I bought a stamp over the weekend of a cat wearing pajamas and I was going to use this technique for the background. I began to change my mind after seeing the finished card at Stamp TV because it all seemed to blend together too much, but after seeing your card, I am going to try it. I really love the way your card turned out!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.