Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mid Week Throw Down - Ombre

Good Wednesday Morning All. This week for our Mid Week Throw Down over at Stars and Stamps they would like us to make s card using the Ombre technique which is graduating colors from light to dark.   Here is what I came up with.


I just took a piece of white card stock and colored it with different shades of green with my Copic Markers.  Then I used a MS punch along both sides and added some flowers with a Hampton Arts foot long stamp which I then embossed with Detail White ep.   I added a few different colored gems for the flower centers.  The black panel is embossed with the Swiss Dot embossing folder and it is all mounted on Whisper White card stock from SU.  I made up a tag with a small sentiment but I did not like it so I decided to go with no sentiment at all on this one. I think it could be used for just about any occasion.   I wish you all a wonderful first day of spring.  It does not feel like spring here today.  It is only 32 degrees and we had a small snow shower last  night and may get more tomorrow, so for us it is still winter. I am off to run errands in my winter coat.    Thank you all so much for taking the time to stop by.  See you again soon.

11 comments:

  1. I love how you take a challenge and start creating with such innovative ideas! I never would have thought to create an ombre panel with Copics, but it's definitely a WOW factor card! I love those embossed flowers on top of the pretty green colors, and all of this layered on the black background looks amazing!! Gorgeous card!!
    The snow melted here in yesterday's warm temps, but it's chilly today with snow showers heading our way this evening, and then perhaps another "storm" with white stuff could be coming here for the weekend! Happy Spring in spite of the colder temps! At least the sun is out which always makes me feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...love the pop of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe all the snow y'all are getting up there!! And to think we got up to 96 degrees on Monday and had to flip on the AC! Stay warm!

    Love this gorgeous card Donna. The green is the exact same color as your blog background. It's stunning against that black. So very pretty.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy first day of Apring!
    Hahahaha!
    There's snow coming tomorrow & Friday!
    Great card.
    It looks just fine without a sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the greens against the black. Very striking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also had never thought of using Copics to make an paper design like this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very cool idea, I love it and want to try it now! Your card turned out really nice. Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your graduated colors look great and I would like to try that soon. Wonderful job embossing those pretty flowers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card- love your ombre and the flowers. Great idea to use the border punch to make the panel! BRING ON SPRING!!! I cannot wait until we get to complain about the sun and the heat! lol-have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this technique and it came out wonderful. I love your green cards (my fav color) that you have posted lately and I think this is my fav. I need to try this! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.