Tuesday, October 22, 2013

SOS #124

Hi All, Here is a card I made for this week's challenge over at Shopping Our Stash.  This week they are looking for either Halloween cards or cards with orange and black. As you can see I went with orange & black.
My paper is from a retired pack of SU! designer paper.  Wow do I have a lot of retired SU! products.  That is because I was a demo for a while and bought waaaay too much stuff at the time and then I quit to become a full time caregiver for my Hubby's Aunt.  Not one complaint here I was honored to take care of that darling, sweet lady but it left my cupboards full of papers that I am still using to this day.  It just dawned on me tonight that you all may ask why I'm always using "retired"  products.  So that is my reason.    The star burst stamp is by Memory Box and I stamped it with Versamark and embossed it with black powder. The sentiment, which is also embossed with black, is by  AMuse.
The punch is by MS.  That's it for me tonight.  Thank you for taking the time to visit.  Here's wishing you all a wonderful night.  

5 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying all the retired SU products you're using, and I have quite a stash of hoarded retired stuff myself - with no valid excuse for having them like you fortunately do :)
    I really love those images, especially done with the orange and black color scheme! very pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great orange and black and I love that starburst. Nothing wrong with retired paper....it's still as good as ever and just as pretty. That's a great hello card.

    I rushed over after you left that funny comment on my card and if you had not posted another card, I was just going to leave a smiley on your last card. Yea, looks like I'll have to go on Youtube or somewhere and try to beg bucks for my craft....since certain folks don't want to donate. HAHAHAHA I would have to come up with a pitiful story. :-) Seriously, I wouldn't do that. Guess you knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, that star burst is sensational against the patterned paper! So pretty!!
    We probably all have too much patterned paper - it's just so pretty to look at even if we don't ever use it all!
    Love your card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the starburst and the edged border, wonderfully done!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! I always forget to stamp on patterned paper. (I, too, have a vast collection of retired SU products. :))

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.