Saturday, December 28, 2013

It's A Deedee Anderson Kind Of Day

I have been using Deedee Anderson's images all morning for my cards and as promised here I am with some more Valentine's Cards for the Kids.
I went with another of DeeDee Anderson's darling pre-colored images titled "Valentine Tweet" found here .  I moved away from traditional colors for this one as I had in my mind that I wanted to do a card for a young boy and thought these colors fit the bill.  Not that red doesn't, but I worked off of the colors of this cute little bird.

On the next two cards I again used also pre-colored images from Deedee titled "From The Heart"found here.    I did boy and girl versions using the same image but different die pieces and sentiments.   As you can see the boy mouse is holding a plain heart. with the sentiment on the bottom of the card   - - -
 In the girl's version I cut out another heart from the set and placed it inside the larger heart and that became my sentiment.
For a little added touch on her version I outlined the image with a BG10 Copic Marker and then punched out some hearts from a MS punch and added them into the centers of the hearts in the background paper.  The background papers also come with this set.  Both of these last two cards look brighter in real person, but I'm having one of those bad photo days.  Well I'm back to the drawing board for a while.  Thanks for the visit.  I always appreciate your company and comments.  See you soon.   It's dreary here and they are calling for rain later on today but I hope you are enjoying some sun shine where you are.

10 comments:

  1. Three lovely cards Donna, I love the cute bird and adorable mouse - the outlined image really stands out and I love the different combination of dies and colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you popped back in here today - and with three SUPER CUTE cards!!! Love all of them Donna.....and so will the kids they're going to!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were a very busy cardmaker today, to get 3 great cards posted. Loved the Meecie Valentines, but I gotta 'fess up, that little bird won my heart. (I love birds anyway!). What a fab idea to embellish your dp with extra punched hearts. Will have to remember that one. Your SB mat on the bird really set him off well, and I liked your outlining on the mice images too. Wishing you a Happy New Year, and so glad I found your blog via our jimlyn. Looking forward to lots of fun in 2014. Oh yes,it was overcast in Sunny Fla today too. But we can't complain, as we've had some great weather up until yes'dy, when it rained in the am, then cloudy remainder of the day. I think it's s'posed to rain tomorrow. But better than what is going on in SC! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so precious Donna! You've created them perfectly for those little children who are going to smile when they see them :) I can't choose a favorite, so I'm just going to say well done on all of them! Monsoon for us tomorrow too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Valentine cards Donna, the kids will love them! I'm having a rest from crafting over the holidays, so if I don't get another chance, a happy 2014 is wished to you and yours! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you have been on a DeeDee's Digis binge, haven't you? Well, I love them all ! BTW, I think all your sunshine is out here on the West Coast -- cold but sunny where I am. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling cards Donna. I have some pre-colored images and love using them when I don;t have time to get out the copics. These are really cute so thinking I need to go check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable, Donna! Great designs! I always forget about my pre-colored images, but they sure help out when time is short!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your cards, Donna! The design is wonderful and I love the images!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.