Friday, November 21, 2014

Just A Card

Hi All, Hope you are all doing well on this chilly Friday.  I'll take chilly without any complaints.  I feel so bad for the people in the Upstate NY area.  I'm keeping them in my thoughts and prayers.    Our youngest daughter, Alli, is coming home tomorrow for the Holiday week and I wanted to make her a  "Welcome Home" card.  This card comes along with a cute little story, or at least I think it is cute.
I was going through  images over at Sherri Baldy's store and came across this one and I just had to have it.  When our two youngest girls were very young someone took a picture of them and in that picture both of them had knee socks on each one of them had one sock up and one sock all scrunched down.  So when I saw this this image with the "one sock down" I just had to have it.  Alli also had a hat on in the picture that was probably her great-grandmothers'.  No where cute as this hat, but a hat all the same.

I got to coloring it up with my Copics right away.  I tried to use similar colors to what the girls had on in their picture. I had so many different colors going on here that I really had a hard time figuring out what color to use as the background, but I think it came out all right with the green.    I decided not to put a sentiment on the front of the card as I thought it would look too busy.    So here is my card for the day along with my story.   
Thanks so much for paying me a visit and I am hoping you all have a fun weekend.  

19 comments:

  1. Donna, WOW! Your coloring on there is super fantastic! Love all the shading. That really is a cute image and so nice to bring back wonderful memories of the girls. She's going to love this and cherish it forever!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring here is nothing short of exceptional!! I too love this precious image, and the reason behind the card is going to thrill Allie beyond words I'm sure! She'll get it right away! How sweet and thoughtful of you to do that for her! Have a wonderful time visiting and enjoying each other's company! Stay warm! Brrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get to enjoy your visit, and be sure not to over do it. What Carol said about the coloring, x10! This is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Have a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card Donna, such a delightful image and beautifully coloured - how lovely that it reminded you of your girls.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel bad for the people in upstate NY too Donna, my son is up here in Watertown, but he said they only got a little over a foot. They said just a few miles away didn't get the snow, so amazing to me how the weather can be. I can't imagine the mess that the people face in Buffalo, prayers going up for them as well. Donna your story is precious and oh so cute!! I love reading about it and I love how your card came out! That image is just darling and you have colored it up so perfectly. I love that you used the colors your daughters had worn that day. Such a meaningful card and I know your daughter will love it. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous Donna! You definitely have your groove back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi friend, loved your story, and your card is so cute, your daughter is going to love it. Funny how an image can evoke such great memories. Enjoy your visit with your daughter and Happy Thanksgiving. This year, I am grateful for your continuing restored health and happiness. Good to see you creating again.

    Big hug
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are feeling more like making cards once again. This is an adorable card to go along with the sweet story. Definitely will bring back memories for you & your DD to share. The image is cute as can be, your coloring is fab, and that stripe green paper is perfect for the bright colors of the image. LOVE it! Stay warm. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooops, I got punted offline and lost my comment. Ah, well, suffice it to say that I love your fab coloring and all the happy memories you were able to share with us. Great story and I know she'll love the card. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really sweet card and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna, your coloring is soooo beautiful - I love the brown tones around the face - Wow. A super sweet image and a wonderful card. So glad you are posting again - I missed you!!!! Hugz - extra ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Donna! First, I want to thank you for visiting my blog; you're so kind! I love this card; your coloring work is really excellent and I loved hearing about your daughter. Enjoy her visit and all your family on Thanksgiving Day! Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful Donna!! Great card and image!! Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how sweet this is!, beautifully done. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your visit & sweet comment. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, listened to your family & DIDN'T overdo! Big Hugs & have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGoodness Donna so adorable You colored her just stunning and I love the way you faded off the background. Just beautiful.
    Hu8gs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute, cute, cute! You did a fabulous job coloring this one, Donna, and putting the card together!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.