Tuesday, March 3, 2015

W2SB - In Like A Lion Out Like A Lamb

I'm here to share a card I made for the Words 2 Scrap By Challenge for March which is "In Like A Lion Out Like A Lamb".  You can make a card using any type of weather, lions or lambs, a lot of options here.  I decided go with something to represent pretty spring colors.  I guess a lot of you will being seeing some early flowers bloom in March, but I don't think we will around here so I decided to make a card with a flower on it so I could see flowers one way or another.  I used the Lotus Blossom from SU! which I have been using a lot the past couple of weeks.

I started with my flower using a couple of different shades of purple, then I decided I needed some sort of a background so I inked up a pencil eraser in three colors and went to town.   The sentiment is by Simply Stamped and I bought this at a craft show back in 2004 but I think I've only used it a few times.  I think I'll keep it out and make better use of it.    I used SU! Pink Passion card stock but it is not really this bright.  I adjusted the color when editing and now everything is way too bright even the designer paper which is from that famous Scrapbooking Calendar that I have stashed away.  This paper really has a nice soft look to it.    The border punch is MS punched on two sides of a strip of paper, then I backed it up with a strip of white paper.  I noticed that this strip was crooked so I fixed it and tried to take another picture but my computer is acting up and the whole thing looks purple even the white parts, so just know that I did fix it. I guess today is not my day for working with electronics.   I just have days like this from time to time.  I added three gold stickers to the punched strip and three smaller ones to the purple dots. Hope you all have a nice evening.     

21 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Donna, I love this stamp and your dotty background is perfect. You have chosen some lovely bright papers, even if they are not this bright in real life!
    It sounds like you have had 'one of those days'.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess a picture of a flower is better than nothing. Ha I want your snow to go away so you can have real flowers that you can smell.
    I love the lotus and also how you used your eraser to do the dots on the background.

    Storms for us tonight and then ice followed by snow tomorrow night. I am just wanting Spring weather now that we have had the ice and snow already. Once is enough! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this flower when you used it the other day and get to love it all over again! The dots around it make it such a fun card - but still pretty!
    Hopefully you'll be able to see and smell those lovely flowers before too long. Been a long winter for you I know.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more I see this flower, the more I like it! I love it done in purple and the papers are gorgeous! You MIGHT see flowers in your state in July at the rate you're going! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flower and how fab it looks in purple! So pretty, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am jumping on the band wagon and saying it looks great in purple, Donna! They are calling for up to 9 more inches of fluff starting tonight. I will take my flowers wherever I can get them.... Keep using the set, please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful springy creation, Donna! So glad you joined us at W2SB! PS--your Blog Babies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card Donna! No flowers here either, way to early for us, but I love looking at your flower card. The paper from your calendar is perfect on this card and I love the punched strip. I love your colorful dots too, they are colorful but in a soft way. Just beautiful!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Donna. Love that stamp and pretty background xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Donna!! Enjoying the prospect of spring right around the corner!! Hopefully!!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you, beautiful flowers just make you feel better. The colors you chose are so pretty too. With all this snow still on the ground and the gutters full of ice, it's going to be a while before we see flowers and grass! Lovely card. Hope you guys are staying warm and safe.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely enjoying how you are using the fab SU stamp. Love the faded look of the tulip against that bright pink and your take on the background embellies for that flower was spot on! If you have white outside, at least you have some awesome color inside. TFS & stay cozy. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna, I love what you are doing with this stamp! I just got it, too, but haven't tried it yet! What a clever idea to make the dots for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Donna! That flower is gorgeous and the card is very "springy!" I like the added pencil eraser dots too! Thanks for supporting Words 2 Scrap By's March Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous flower, Donna, and I really like the eraser dots. :-D Perfect spring card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, Donna! Looks like Spring! I think it will be a long time before we see any flowers blooming around here too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Donna. That was a nice is choice to go for something spring your flower turned out just beautiful and you're a little extra touches are perfect. Great card.
    Hugs, Pat/♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card has so many wonderful details - it is hard to choose a favorite! I never thought of using 2 strips of a punched border back to back, I will try that soon. Thanks for entering your lovely spring card in the Words 2 Scrap By March challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Donna! Love the beautiful DP and the pretty border with this beautiful stamp! Good luck with the Words 2 Scrap challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your lotus flower. I'm going to get my eraser out right now and try those dots! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.