Friday, September 4, 2015

Birthday Circles

I wanted to share a card that I recently made using Perfect Pearls.  This is the first time I've used them on colored paper and then stamped over them.  I was watching a Jennifer McQuire video the other day and she was working with Perfect Pearls.  She actually did the "kissing" technique but I could not seem to get a good result with that so I just stamped with black ink. I matted my Garden Green circles onto a striped embossed folder and then backed it all up with Elegant Eggplant card stock by SU!  I added some gems from Pizzazz APlenty.  This is a different type card for me, but I am trying to expand my horizons.  


By now you are all aware that photography is not my strong suit and I took sever shots of this card but, for the life of me, I could not get a picture that showed the pretty shiny look of the Pearls.  In this and all the other pictures it just looks dirty, but I assure you it looks better in real life.  Well off to do some walking (on a machine in my basement) because there was already 83% humidity at 5:30AM today.  No outdoor activity for me today that's for sure.  They say we will have a nice cool weekend.  I hope they are right.   Hope you all have a fun weekend.  

12 comments:

  1. Gorgous card Donna and such a lovely cas design. Hope you have a lovely and cool weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, Most important is your card turned out gorgeous. I can see the shimmers on the green cardstock and the embossing folder turned out nice. Maybe if you had more light it would help your picture, just a thought.
    Hugs, Pat♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a different look for you, and it's a great one too! I can see the shimmer of the PP, but I'm sure it looks better in real life, because I'm camera challenged too with anything sparkly or green. My camera doesn't like green colors very much. I love the simple look of those 2 circles and you already know I'm liking that color combo :) Have a great holiday weekend and we're supposed to cool off tomorrow too (I hope!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that it just shines with the PP on it! It's so pretty and may not be you, but I love it. I have the same problem with glare and shaker cards. I'm going to blame it all on the camera and not us though! LOL!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Donna, a fabulous embossed background and lovely CAS design.
    Have a lovely weekend, I hope it is cool for you.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Donna!! You've inspired me to get out my Perfect Pearls!!
    Have a great holiday!!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely, Donna! There's nothing wrong with your photography -- pearlescents are very hard to photograph and you've done an excellent job. I did click to enlarge the photo and the pearls show up better that way. All in all, it's a magnificent card and I love that you are trying new things. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! I love the CAS with the duo of circles. I think you did fabulous with this look. Did you catch the faux metallic one she did - also using perfect pearls. Not sure if I caught the 'kissing one'. Will have to look. Perfect Pearls are a terrific product to have handy, and I forget to use them, until I see someone else - then Monkey see, Monkey Try. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna - just in case you have not seen this JMcGuire video, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRI9znNZsyg

    ReplyDelete
  10. How great you exercise even when it is hot and humid. Your card looks great and I like that technique - I need to try it. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your simple card. Colors a lovely.

    hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Donna! Love the CAS look of your card. You did a great job photographing the sparkle - always a tough challenge for any of us! I like to see some of the new directions you are going with your cards. Have a great day and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.