Thursday, October 1, 2015

W2SB Fight Like A Girl

I can't believe that W2SB's challenge this month is  Fight Like A Girl.    I just made this card a couple of night's ago for a friend of mine who, next week, will be celebrating her two year anniversary being free of breast cancer.  I hadn't got around to taking a photo of it yet, so tonight I immediately did.

I got this set titled "Passionately Pink by DeeDee Anderson a long time ago and made a card for my friend reminding her to "fight" and she will get the Survivor card on her anniversary. This is an amazing set by Deedee with the best images and wonderful sentiments to go along with them.   

This is a fantastic challenge to take part in and I love the idea the girls at W2SB had, if you don't know anyone that needs one of these card now, give a card to an Oncology Center near you and have them give it to their newest patient.  It is so important to let these women know we are thinking of them.  I have gotten away from card making a bit because I got involved in making hats for chemo patients and I just love spending most of my spare time loom knitting hats. The women tell me they especially love the "sleep  caps" to keep their heads warms at night.  I think anyway anyone can help is wonderful.  
Penny Ward, Congrats on your one year anniversary.  Consider this card for you also.   
Thanks for stopping by and I encourage to play along this month at W2SB.  

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Miss Donna. Love, love, love the ombre effect on your ribbon. I went to the Deedee's website and was so pleased to see that this digi is a FREEBIE! You ROCK!!! Thanks for including me as a Survivor friend and for playing along at W2SB this month. hugs, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO happy to see you are creating!!! Love the digi, and you showcased it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and beautiful!! Great card to show your support!!
    Have a great weekend, Donna!!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Donna! It is so good to hear from you!

    So, you've been making hats for chemo patients. Wow, what a wonderful gift! It's really great to see what all of us OWHers are doing now. Looks like you've shifted gears to support another most worthy cause.

    Loved your card when I saw it. Loved it even more after reading the story behind it. Your friend is lucky to have you in her corner and she is sure to treasure this keepsake. Thanks so much for joining our Fight-Like-a-Girl challenge at Words 2 Scrap By. We're very glad you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card to have ready to show support to your friend on her anniversary of being cancer free! I love the embossed hearts on the pink background, and the image is perfect! Keep making those hats - I know they're all being used lovingly - the same way you've been making them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, Donna! It's so important to have the support of family and friends and even better to get a card on a survivor anniversary. :-D Last month was the end of Survivor year 17 for me and I'm happy to be starting year 18. Love your idea of donating extra cards to an oncology center!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card Donna, lovely bright pink embossed background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card and a great way of keeping our friends in our heart.
    Hugs, Pat♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and I am so happy for your friend! That is something to really celebrate! Hoping she can celebrate many many more years of being cancer free. Hugz to you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so thoughtful, and your brave friend is so going to appreciate your thoughtfulness. Perfect card too!!!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.