Thursday, January 14, 2016

One Are One Of A Kind

Hi All,  I'm here today to share a card I made for a teenage girl.  She is just 14 years old and every school day her mother gives her a note in her lunch.  She has been saving these notes for all these years and for Christmas she made her mother a scrap book with all these notes just to show her that she kept them and how much they meant to her.  I was so impressed with her for doing this.  Mind you she never made a scrap book before so she came over here and I let her look through all my stuff.  She picked out some papers and dies to back up the notes with.  She went home with gems, pearl pens, glue, flowers, die cuts, punches, brads, etc. and made her book all on her own.  Her mom was in heaven when she received this precious gift.  Mom brought the scrapbook back over to show me what a fabulous job she did.    I was so proud of her so I had to make her a card to let her know.
I have to apologize for the dark picture.  My OOT light just died and this was the best I could get without it.   My sentiment stamp is an older one by Ann-ticipations.  I've had it for quite a few years. This is SU! retired paper and the card stock is Rich Razzleberry even thought it does not look like it in this photo.  The diamond die is by by Die-namics and the gems and sequins were in my stash.  Well that's it for me today.  Thanks so much for popping in for a visit.  See you again soon.  

12 comments:

  1. Hi Donna! You are a wonderful "enabler" for the young girl. I am sure after the compliments and praise she got from her Mom and your great card - she will be a lifetime scrapbooker! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the most heartwarming story of caring that I've heard in a long time!! What a wonderful thing to create, and I'm so glad you inspired her to create such a treasured gift! That's a lifetime of memories to cherish :) What a wonderful card to tell her how proud you are of her too! I love the diamond patterns and gems! Long live caring people - the world needs more of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful story! How nice of you to help this girl make a real treasure for her mom! Your card is just perfect for her! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - your story grabbed my heart! So sweet. So sweet of you to make her a card. This is what crafting and sharing are all about - so great for you to encourage her!!!! Many hugz to you my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and thoughtful story. Your card is lovely and such a great thing for you to do xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful story, Donna, and fabulous card! The argyle pattern paper is superb and I love the gems and sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a thoughtful daughter and you for letting her have lots of "stuff" to make it with. A lovely card for her too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful story Donna, it's so nice to read about such a thoughtful daughter.
    Your card is fabulous, perfect for the occasion.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet of this young girl to make a scrapbook of all the lunch box notes for her mother and how sweet of you to let this girl go through your crafting supplies to pick out things to do it Donna! I'm in awe of you both and I can just imagine this mother's pride when she saw it. I'm so glad she shared it with you too. Your card is just beautiful and perfect for this young girl. But I believe all three of you ladies are truly one of a kind. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. She sounds like a very special young lady! That just warmed my heart. Thanks for making my morning! Your card design is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you carried the diamonds across the card to match the papers used. Even more, I love the story behind this card. What a sweet thing for this girl to do, Mom's love that kind of stuff more than anything else! Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card, Donna! Nice to see that you're back at this more regularly! :o)

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.