Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mid Week Throwdown - Cards 4 Kids


Yesterday's challenge over at Stars and Stamps was to make Cards 4 Kids, which I did, but I found some MoJo later on in the day and I did a few other cards. Here is one of them. I think it will make a good "tween" card. I just think this little character is cute but I don't know who made the stamp. It's one I picked up in a dollar store. Anyway, my card base is made of SU's Pacific Point card stock. I ran it through the Big Shot using Cuttlebug's Diamond Plate embossing folder and then sprayed it with Ritzy Ditzy Sapphire Glitz. No matter how many times I took the picture I could not get it to show up, but it does have a nice little sheen to it. Then I stamped my image on the same card stock and embossed it with white embossing powder. I used graduating Pinking Circles from Nestabilities. The center circle is cut from Basic Gray paper. I mounted all of that onto SU's Whisper White card stock that I ran through the Big Shot with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dot embossing folder. I pinked the top and bottom to help bring it all together. Added four antique silver brads from SU and I was done. It was rather simple to make and I hope some "tween" gets a kick out of receiving it.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you hate when you can't get a good photograph of those special details you add to your card? I always have trouble with getting true green colors for some reason. Your card turned out great, and I love that diamondplate embossing! Great idea, great card!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always hunting out great inspiration for boy cards. This is great!

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.