Wednesday, March 2, 2011

OWH Mother's Day Cahllenge


Hello-
Today's card is for the Mother's Day Challenge over at Operation Write Home. My card base is SU's Very Vanilla. I also used SU's Lavender Lace and Certainly Celery this card. The designer paper is from my stash of papers that I bought years ago and have no idea in the world who it is by. I just know that I love it and I wish I had more of it. It reminds me of wallpaper from the 50's which I didn't like then, but I like now on my cards.
The sentiment stamp is from Inkadinkado. I stamped that on Whisper White card stock, cut it out and matted it using two dies from the Nestabilities Labels Eight set. I sponged it with Lavender Lace ink. My little strip is made from SU's Eyelet Border punch, punched on both sides of a thin piece of card stock. My finishing touches were white and green pearls from Hero Arts. Thank you for stopping by today.

5 comments:

  1. Be still my heart! I just LOVE these colors together, and what beautiful papers you chose! Your sponging is perfect and I love the punched border! This is such a beautiful card! Nice job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card Donna, your colors are just yummie together! Someone's Mom will cherish this one forever. Thanks for playing in our Mother's Day challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a very beautiful card. I do love your colors too. One day I hope my cards will be a great as yours. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the color combination and the accents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this lovely card. Any Mom would love to get this one.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.