Sunday, March 13, 2011

S & S Sketch Challenge #60




Here is my card for today's challenge over at OWH's Stars and Stamps. My card base is made with Whisper White card stock. The background is a piece of emobssed black card stock that I found in a box of scrap papers. The sentiment squares are from SU's Teeny Tiny Wishes. The butterflies and the flowers are punched out from "Vitilized Vellum". That is a techinque I learned when I was a SU demonstrator. You take vellum and rub two or three different ink pads over the whole piece of vellum in different directions. You can't see it on these small pieces, but it does give a very nice effect on a larger piece of paper. I just added some bling to the punched out pieces and sponged the edges with SU's Certainly Celery ink to tie in the green in the strip paper. I'm afraid I don't know where that paper came from either. Hope your day is going well and you will find time to sit down and maybe make a card for our military personnel to send home to their loved ones. Thank you for taking a peek at my blog today.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love the butterflies and flowers.. so pretty.
    thanks for sharing ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Thanks for sharing the vitalized vellum technique, I intend to try it out! ~Nancy F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now, I learned something new by visiting you today! I've never heard of vitilized vellum, but it sounds like a cool technique I'll have to try! I love the flowers, butterflies and hearts along with all the red bling! Great choice of DP and embossing too - all combining for one great card!! Happy Sunday my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna
    Very pretty card. Great take on the sketch and I really like the vellum technique. Thanks for your kind words on my blog. Of course you can use the punch tech. I think when we post something like that on our blogs, it's out there to share. Have fun!
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your combination of sentiments, flowers, and butterflies on the 1" squares! Great colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your inking and the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blue/green/black color combination and the bling adds a nice finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Donna! Love the bling. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card. Thanks for the vellum tip - you can see the different colours when you look closely.I see you are a SU fan.

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.