Saturday, March 5, 2011

To You From Me


This little mouse, Cocoa, just makes me smile. Today's card is going into my next box to OWH . The card base and the horizontal strips are Brilliant Blue from SU. The Cocoa image is from Sweet N Sassy
and I colored it with Copics. The two sentiments are both from SU. The designer paper is from that same stash that I keep going back to and have no idea who it was made by. I added some Barely Banana Card Stock from SU and used a border punch that, I think, came from EK Success to try to make it resemble swiss cheese.
I stamped everything with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I cut out and mounted the two circular elements using Nestabilities. I am finding it very hard to make a card without using Nestabilities lately. I think they might be my new addiction. I sponged the two circular elements with Bashful Blue fromSU and sponged the "cheese" with Barely Banana from SU. I like the effect you get from sponging the same color as your card stock. It gives just enough of finish to the piece.
Have a great day and thank you for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute! I love the "cheese"! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card, Donna! Cute idea making the swiss cheese background...will have to copy that sometime. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh Heh, I love what you're doing with these Cocoa images :) Tell me - how did you eliminate the lines from Cocoa's letter anyway? I don't know how you did that, but I like it! The sentiment looks perfect in the letter, and the swiss cheese is incredibly creative and fun! LOVE this! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.