Monday, September 1, 2014

Fall Warm Up

Hello Everyone - I've missed all of you so very much.   I won't bore you with the all the details but I have just gone through the worst month with an injury to my foot and back followed by the flu and then Cellulitis from a spider bite.   For one solid month I hardly left my bed but I am glad to be up and around now.  I still have days that find me very tired.  I can only hope I will be able to make regular appearances here from today forward.  So on to my card.  I made this card for Deedee's Digi Of The Month challenge.  The title of this set is Fall Warm-Up.  Autumn is my favorite time of the year so I just fell in love with the set the minute I saw it.  I do hope you will hop on over to Deedee's site and check out this set today.  Of course if you played along in last month's challenge you have already received this set FREE.  Can't beat that for a deal!
My health has improved  but not my picture taking so I have to apologize for this picture.  This image is so much brighter in real life but I can't seem to capture the rich colors here.  Sorry!
As you can see, I matted both the image and sentiment with black and green.  My background paper is from my stash and I do know that I have had it for maybe 7 years.  I punched out some hearts from a MS heart border punch and then I added some gems from Pizzazz APlenty on the hearts and on both the panels.  This card went together so nice and quick which is what I love about Deedee's sets.



I thank you for popping in for a visit and hope to see some of your creations made with this set.  Wishing each of you a very special day.

17 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card Donna, such a fabulous image and lovely warm colours.
    I'm so sorry to hear that you have had such a bad time lately - I hope you are well on the mend now.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are on the mend...wowzers what bunch of bad luck. So happy to have you back posting! Love your papers with that image and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, it's so good to see you posting again and very, very thankful you're feeling somewhat better and getting some energy back! You really had a horrible month of not feeling good at all. You've been missed around here!
    This is fantastic and I adore that background paper you used. The image if just what fall is about and love the tiny hearts you added. A wonderful card all the way around!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Donna. Your card is gorgeous, and your background paper really makes the image and sentiment stand out.
    Sorry to hear you have not been too well, but happy you are improving now. Take care.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, my goodness, you have had it rough. I have wondered where you were. I sure hope the worst is over for you.

    Your autumn card and the image are great. I do like that background paper. I'm sure I've had some around for about 6 years.

    Please take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to blogland Donna! You've been missed around here big-time!! I'm happy to know you're on the mend and feeling better after being down and out for so darned long! You obviously haven't skipped a beat when it comes to your cards! This is so cute with those little green hearts and all those tiny gemstones! The plaid paper is a great match for this fun image and warm sentiment! Keep gettin' stronger, ya hear?! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are back, Donna! You've been missed!! This is such a cute card with that set of digis! Really happy to be seeing your wonderful cards again. Hope you are back to normal soon!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to see you back! Phew it sure is warm! That looks like a yummy beverage, but me thinks it will need to wait a bit. Your image looks super with the plaid background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness Donna, that is one wild month for you!! I'm sorry to hear all this has happened to you and had you laid up for so long. I'm sure it will take a while to get your stamina back up so don't push yourself to hard. On that note though it is good to see you back! I love, love your card. This is such a cute digi set and I love hot spiced cider on a chilly fall day. I don't drink hot drinks, but will a hot spiced cider! lol I hope Sept is a much better month for you Donna. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna super card hun hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Donna, I'm so sorry that you've had such a rough time of it lately. Glad to hear you are out of bed and hopefully will be back to healthy soon. Wonderful card - makes me think of cool crisp fall evenings. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're so glad to have you back, Donna, and feeling better. You were missed, my friend. :-D I love this card! Great plaid paper, wonderful matting & the little hearts are so sweet. What a perfect combo of details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to hear your doing better. Great super cute card. I love the added hearts you added.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pleased to hear you are doing better Donna, how awful to have one thing after another like that, you poor thing :( Your card is gorgeous, the little hearts are such a cute touch, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Donna! This is such a pretty card--I love the warm and cozy colors and images of fall. SO sorry to hear about your health issues and glad you are on the mend. Thanks also for stopping by my blog. Take it easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! Being laid up is no fun. Welcome back! I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Fall card, won't be long now, once the kids go back to school, seems the weather turns quickly. Hope you are well.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.