Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Black and Silver Christmas Card

I need to make Thanksgiving cards but in going through my stash I found this beautiful pattern paper (it is more like cloth) and I immediately knew I had to jump ahead to Christmas for a minute.  I have a friend that only like black, brown, silver and gold colors so as soon as I came across this paper I went ahead and made her Christmas card.    It is unconventional, I know, but she will love it just because of the colors, at least I hope so.
I used SU! silver paper to back up the IO die cut sentiment along with my corner punch and I was done.   Now that I'm looking at it here I am wondering if I should add some Shimmer Spritz to the sentiment panel.  What do you all think?  I would appreciate any suggestions.  That's all I have for today.  Time to get to making Thanksgiving Day cards. Not too much time to waste.  Wishing you all a great day.


12 comments:

  1. Gosh Donna, that's a really pretty card, and I love that sentiment panel! I don't know that I'd change a thing if your friend enjoys the darker colors, but if I was making this card, I know I'd almost HAVE to add a small pop of red somewhere :) (I'd probably dot the letter "i" with a tiny red gem) The paper truly is an elegant gem, and your friend will love this card I'm sure! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love this black and silver combo, Donna! What a magnificent card. Personally, I'd leave it just as it is, nothing spritzed at all. It's just so elegant as it is. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Donna, it might not be traditional colours but it is so elegant.
    I would leave it as it is - it looks fabulous.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, the black and silver make a striking card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, I think it is beautiful just as it is!! I love the black and silver!! Very elegant!
    I know your friend is going to be thrilled!!
    Hugs!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That black and silver is gorgeous, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful elegant christmas card Donna. Super colour combo and fabulous die xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's perfect just like it is and wouldn't add a thing to it. Very elegant and beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. NO, I love it just the way you did it. What an elegant card, love it.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna! I think your card is beautiful and elegant, just as everyone has said! Very dramatic. Your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Donna, just love the elegance of this beauty. Gorgeous script sentiment. Thanks for your love on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's perfectly elegant, and I don't think it needs any additional sparkle! It has loads of sparkle with the elements you've used, and it's a gorgeous card. Your friend will love it. I like that you kept the sentiment CAS to let the pattern of the lovely background paper take center stage. It does not need one additional thing (IMHO)..just beautiful as you've done it! TFS & have a great upcoming week

    ReplyDelete

All comments read and appreciated.